Gorgias port

Discussion on porting Prolog applications to Logtalk

Moderator: Paulo Moura

Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

Re: Gorgias port

Post by Paulo Moura » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi,

besides the comments in my updated post above, it would be nice if, for simple cases, the user does not need to include the directives you invented. I.e. your application could provide suitable defaults for simple cases. Or maybe those defaults are already in place and I just missed them. Anyway, your Trac installation is returning Python errors, preventing me from browsing the source code.

Best regards,

Paulo

P.S. ICLP'08 is accepting 5-pages posters. A submission with a description of your application would have a good change of being accepted.
Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

Victor NOEL

Re: Gorgias port

Post by Victor NOEL » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Paulo Moura wrote:Hi,

besides the comments in my updated post above, it would be nice if, for simple cases, the user does not need to include the directives you invented. I.e. your application could provide suitable defaults for simple cases. Or maybe those defaults are already in place and I just missed them.
Yes, you are right, it would be better.

I was think about having by default the vanilla resolver at less, because nothing would work without it. Like that users that only want to do abduction could be by importing only abducible for example, or only lpwnf for preference rules.

I will follow your idea about discontiguous and public/1 directives.
Paulo Moura wrote: Anyway, your Trac installation is returning Python errors, preventing me from browsing the source code.
Fixed, thanks :)

About pygments, it is included in the pygments distribution, I only had to activate it within trac (add the good mimetype)
Paulo Moura wrote: P.S. ICLP'08 is accepting 5-pages posters. A submission with a description of your application would have a good change of being accepted.
I will take a look at this, thanks for the idea, even if I am not sure I merit it ^^