Theorem proving

Help requests on developing Logtalk applications

Moderator: Paulo Moura

zahidbabubd

Theorem proving

Post by zahidbabubd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi everybody. My name is Zahid. I am trying to develop a tableau theorem prover using logtalk.
Is there anybody working something like that or know anything how logtalk will perform
in that case? I failed to find theorem proving approach in logtalk. logtalk looks very
attarctive but why not people are using this for theorem proving.

Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

Re: Theorem proving

Post by Paulo Moura » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi Zahid,

Thanks for your interest in Logtalk. The performance of Logtalk for implementing a theorem prover should be similar to a plain Prolog implementation. Assuming that you're planning to implement your theorem provers as meta-interpreters, you may want to take a look to the "metainterpreters" example in the current Logtalk distribution. The object-oriented features that Logtalk adds to Prolog may help you in making your theorem provers more modular. But is hard to tell without more details.

Best regards,

Paulo
Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

zahidbabubd

Post by zahidbabubd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Paulo

Thank you very much for your reply. I was just wondering why not people are using logtalk for theorem proving?
I failed to find any information in Google.

Best regards
Zahid

Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

Post by Paulo Moura » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Logalk does not add any feature directly related to theorem proving to Prolog. My advice would be for you to search for theorem proving applications in Prolog and check if Logtalk can help you with a more modular approach to what you're trying to implement.