Logtalk 3.8.0 is now available for downloading at:
This release is sponsored by Kyndi, Inc. and includes numerous additions, improvements, and fixes to the compiler, runtime, library, documentation, developer tools, tests, examples, and coding support. Highlights:
* Compiler and runtime:
- Improvements to the reflection API.
- Fixes for the message printing support.
- Changes to compiler warning and error output for better integration with tools.
- New Java integration library for selected backend compilers.
- Fixes for some library entities.
- Portability fixes for SWI-Prolog and XSB.
- New "dead_code_scanner" tool for detecting likely dead code in Logtalk entities and in Prolog modules compiled as objects. Also detects unused predicates (and non-terminals) listed in uses/2 and use_module/2 directives.
- New "logtalk_doclet" script for automating running doclets found in a directory and recursively in its sub-directories.
- Improvements and fixes for the debugger, diagrams, lgtunit, and doclet tools.
- Improvements to the logtalk_tester script.
- 398 unit tests added, notably for testing the developer tools.
- New "laptops" example illustrating object-based composition for contrast with category-based composition.
- Extended support for the Atom text editor allowing compiling files, scanning for dead code, and generating documentation within the editor.
- Extended support for the Sublime Text editor provides build and REPL features.
- Improved ctags support.
- Default ignore files for Git, Mercurial, and Perforce.
For details and a complete list of changes, please consult the release notes at:
https://github.com/LogtalkDotOrg/logtal ... E_NOTES.md
Announcements of new Logtalk releases and events
Moderator: Paulo Moura
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest