Logtalk 2.38.2 is now available for downloading. This release improves suport for the :/1 control construct, simplifies parsing of proprietary directives in config files, corrects a compiler bug where redefinitions of Prolog built-in predicates would be ignored, and includes compatibility updates for B-Prolog, ECLiPSe, SICStus Prolog, SWI-Prolog, XSB, and YAP.
Upgrading from previous release:
* See the "UPGRADING.txt" file and the detailed release notes below for more details.
Known compatibility issues:
* YAP: multi-threading support is currently broken. No timeframe for fixing the current bugs. Use YAP single-threaded version until the bugs are fixed.
* XSB : some bugs in multi-threading support prevent some thread examples from running.
Detailed release notes:
* Added support for calling :/1 goals using the <</2 control construct.
* Added support for calling non-redefined built-in predicates using the :/1 control construct.
* Corrected a Logtalk compiler bug (introduced in version 2.38.1) where redefinitions of Prolog built-in predicates would be ignored. Thanks to Parker Jones for the bug report.
* Simplified declaration and handling of proprietary directives with meta-arguments by defining a '$lgt_pl_meta_directive'/1 predicate in all config files.
* Added '$lgt_tr_predicate_indicators'/2, '$lgt_tr_predicate_heads'/2, and '$lgt_tr_predicate_heads'/3 hook predicates to the Logtalk compiler in order to simplify handling of proprietary directives in config files.
* Added support for the proprietary directive eager_consume/0 to the config file of B-Prolog and corrected bugs that prevented using the proprietary tabling directives mode/1 and (:)/2 within objects and categories.
* Added support for the proprietary directive demon/1 to the config files of ECLiPSe.
* Added support for the proprietary directive block/1 to the config files of SICStus Prolog.
* Corrected a bug in the SWI-Prolog config file that prevented using the proprietary directive index/1 within objects and categories.
* Added support for the proprietary directive initialization/2 to the config files of SWI-Prolog and YAP.
* Added support for the proprietary meta-predicates findall/4 and tfindall/3 to the XSB config file.
* Updated the library object "term" with a (hopefully) faster implementation of the predicate ground/1, following advise by Lindsey Spratt on the GNU Prolog mailing list.
* Corrected a validation (but harmless) bug in the Logtalk syntax coloring support for the jEdit text editor.
Announcements of new Logtalk releases and events
Moderator: Paulo Moura
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest